Wednesday, March 18, 2009

American Idol's Season 8, Top 11 - Opry week results

Ryan announces there were 31 million votes. Carrie Underwood and Randy Travis do a duet for the first time. Brad Paisley performs.

The group song, which I am guessing is called "T-R-O-U-B-L-E", was fun and I liked watching it. I kinda like the group songs anyway. A lot of people thing they're cheesy, but I enjoy them for the most part. Scott MacIntyre was on piano for most of the song.

We got a glimpse into the tear-jerker after party for those who were most recently voted off, Jasmine Murray and Jorge Nunez. It was very sweet, as the Idols stood up and said something nice about each of them.

Going on tour is Danny Gokey, Lil Rounds, Anoop Desai, Scott MacIntyre, Megan Joy Corkrey, Matt Giraud, Kris Allen, Adam Lambert. The bottom three were: Allison Iraheta, Michael Sarver and Alexis Grace. After a few breaks and some music, Ryan announced to Allison that she was safe. That left Michael and Alexis. I have been saying since last week that I thought Michael had a really good chance of going home. I think we were all really surprised when they announced that Michael was safe and Alexis had to perform again. The judges had said before the announcement that one of them was being considered for the 'save'. When Alexis was performing "Jolene" with more spunk and "edge" to this one, knowing this was it, they discussed it and came back to her when she was through. Simon told her that they were "kind of unanimous on this" but that it's the end of the road for her.

Carrie Underwood and Randy Travis sang "I Told You So", which was a really nice song. Again, I'm not into country music, so I am not familiar with the song, but I really liked it a lot. I loved the way Randy kept gazing at her when she was singing.

What I wasn't crazy about was Carrie's hair. Uhg! At first it looked like something Olilvia Newton John would wear. And that black thing. Ugly. My 2 cents, of course.

Next week will be 50 Years of Motown! Whoop! The regular Idol schedule is being prempted by the President, so instead of Tuesday/Wednesday, it will be Wednesday/Thursday. I can't wait to see what they do!!!

No comments: