Saturday, March 28, 2009

American Idol's Season 8, Motown Week Results Show

This show aired on March 26th. I am late in getting this blog out. Sorry about that!

According to Ryan Seacrest, there were over 36 million votes that came in. It was the most they ever received in the top 10 in the history of AI.

Ruben Studdard, Joss Stone, Smokey Robinson and Stevie Wonder were all guest entertainers this evening.

The Top 10 performs a medley of Motown songs. I don't care what others say, but I usually enjoy the group performances. They're fun to watch and this year I enjoy trying to figure out how they are going to make it work with Scott not being able to see. They seem to be doing great with that and some creative camera work.

Ruben sang a new song of his called "Together". It was a nice song. Not my thing, but a nice song.

Ryan begins calling down the Idols to let them know whether or not they are safe. Right away, here is what we find out:

Adam is safe. We kinda figured that, didn't we?

Matt is in the bottom 3. Whaaaat?! How can that be? I am just now really getting to like this guy.

Kris is safe. I like Kris alright, as he really seems to be improving as he goes, but I still can't believe that he wouldn't be in the bottom 3 and Matt is. I think Matt is better than Kris. I wonder if the order of the performances made a difference here.

Lil finds out she is safe.

Michael is in the bottom 3. This is no surprise to me and I recall thinking that I hope he is the one to go home and not Matt. (sorry Michael!)

Smokey and Joss do a duet together. It was really sweet. Called "You're The One For Me". I loved Joss's hair and dress. So hippy-ish. It struck me how much she sounded like Megan Joy. Did you notice that? Actually, I think Megan is a bit more unique in the sound of her voice, but very similar none-the-less. I didn't particularly like the song though. It sounded disjointed or something. Their individual voices were really good, it was just a weird song.

Ryan again begins to announce some more of the Idol's status:

Allison is safe. (whew!)

Anoop is safe.

Danny is safe.

Scott is in the bottom 3. Again. He really needs to improve, become amazing, or more recognizable for something other than the fact that he is blind (and charming).

Despite the bad comments from Simon the day before, Megan came in safe.

All of the bottom 3 are gathered. Michael, Scott and Matt. Right away Ryan tells Scott he is safe and can go and sit down. I was blown away! I thought for sure they would have told Matt he could sit down and it would be Scott or Michael up there.

Matt and Michael have to wait for a performance by Stevie Wonder, a Motown medley.

We resume our anxiousness with Ryan, Michael and Matt on the stage. Ends up that Michael goes home and Matt is safe. I'm so glad!!! I think Michael is a sweet guy and I really wish him the best, but I'm glad it was him and not Matt.

Michael re-performs "Ain't Too Proud To Beg" for the "save" vote by the judges. He continues to smile, like the evening before, even though it's in direct violation of the song's theme. Totally wrong song choice. His mood didn't match his song - at all.

So that wrapped up the evening of fun and tension!

Oh, and I'm waiting for a Ford commercial with Scott in the driver's seat. I'm just saying. That would be funny, no?

Until next week, when they perform again but no one seems to know the theme. There are rumors, but we'll have to see!

No comments: