Monday, October 13, 2008

New Job

So I started this new job in town. Woo hoo! It's close! As in, it's only about 10 minutes away. Usually everwhere we go it's at least a half an hour away.

So I started working at Tractor Supply. Pretty good so far. I like most of the people-a lot. I hear our boss can be cranky once he gets to know you, but we'll see. I'm not doubting them so much as trying not to get to the point where he begins treating me that way. Know what I mean?

Okay, so I know this is really exciting. I'm 38 and back in retail. Oh joy. But it pays the bills. I'm also going to be doing the Pay Per Post thing that Shelly told me all about. I can't wait! It will be nice to make some money by doing what I love to do best - talk! Okay, type. But it's the same thing - if you can type fast enough!

So, back to Tractor Supply. One of the main reasons that I needed to get a job is because we really need to be able to afford our stove pipes for the winter. I do not want to get stuck without heat again. I hear it's supposed to be a nasty one!

So, I get the job for extra money and find out that we do, indeed, get a discount. Yay! 15% That's about $150 off our cost of the pipes and stuff we need to put them up. When I get the money to actually purchase them, that is.

I also clean Kayla's school three days a week. Okay, not the WHOLE school, though some days it feels like it! Just 2 offices, and two classrooms. Lemme tell you, that 1st/2nd grade room can get messy!!! I think they paint their desks with their runny noses. Yeah, it's that gross. I clean all of the desks well. It's no wonder we all get colds once school starts!

I clean the school so that we can get a reduction in her tuition. I think it will take care of about $1400 of it or so. Noice, eh?

As if all that weren't enough to fill my days, I am on 2 volunteer boards (one for homeschooling and one for
American Heritage Girls, a Christian Scouting organization). The beginning of the year is always the toughest, because you're just getting everything lined up for the season. I also homeschool my 9th grade son, though we haven't done anything formal this year yet. He just got back from Arizona, spending time with his aunt, uncle and three cousins. They went to Lego Land in California! He had fun and my sis and her husband spoiled him rotten. I'm surprised he wanted to come home.

I'm tired, it's 1:04 after all and my thoughts are going off on bunny trails!

I will spare you all the rest of my brain and go to sleep. Perhaps if I have the chance, I will post again tomorrow. And maybe you'll know what I'm saying. ;-)

No comments: